County Clerk Contact Info:
- The County Clerk is located in the Roane County Courthouse at 200 East Race Street, Kingston, TN 37763.
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Beth Johnson began working in the County Clerk’s Office in 1983 as a Deputy Clerk and was elected to the office of Roane County Clerk in 2018. She is now serving her second term as County Clerk after being re-elected in 2022.
Beth (Gage) Johnson is a lifelong resident of Roane County and graduated from Midway High School in 1976. Beth is a Certified Public Administrator from the University of Tennessee County Technical Assistance Service (CTAS) and is a graduate of Roane Government Leadership Program through Roane State and Roane Alliance.
Beth resides in the “South of the River” (SOR) Community of Roane County and has 2 adult children (Ryan and Amber) and 2 grandchildren (Brody and Carli).
Beth oversees a County Clerk Office staff of approximately 10 employees who handle various important functions within the county government. The county clerk serves as clerk of the county legislative body, keeps the records of the county legislative body, and sends required notices. The minutes of the county legislative body meetings are required to be promptly and fully recorded by the county clerk and are open to the public.
The county clerk also provides various services and licenses that are more fully detailed in the “Licenses” menu in the header at the top of this webpage. Those services include:
- Business Licenses
- Beer Permit
- Pawnbroker Licenses
- Motor Vehicle Services
- Titling and Registering Vehicles
- Collecting Vehicle Sales Tax
- Duplicate/Replacement Titles
- Noting of Liens
- License Plate Renewals
- Speciality Plates/Disabled Plates and Placards
- Auto Dealership License Record and Dealer Plate Issuance
- Driver License Services for holders of Tennessee licenses
- Duplicates, Address Changes, Last Name Changes
- Renewals of Non-CDL licenses or ID Only licenses
- Real ID license issuance
- Marriage Licenses and Marriage Records
- Notary Public Services
- Boat Taxes
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses